Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sunrise

This morning I got up super early. 6am on a Saturday is no joke. But my plan for today is to drive down to Poughkeepsie, take the train to the city (metro north, $25 round trip, yes please!) and visit two of my lovely friends, S and K. So I dragged myself out of bed and I'm all ready to go, just finishing my coffee. I looked out the window just now and saw the sunrise! It's just peeking over the rooftops and coming through the trees. So beautiful. It has a kind of hazy, glowing quality that makes me want to keep looking at it even though I'm already seeing spots. It made getting up early worth it.

On another note, I'm so excited to go to the city! First of all the drive to Poughkeepsie is very pretty. Then I get to spend a few hours on the train, either writing or reading Romeo and Juliet, oooor watching Sex and the City. Hmm, tough choices. And last but not least, I get to see two of the girls that I spent last year living with. Pretty much the best weekend ever, especially as K and I are planning a spa day! It might turn into a fail because we have yet to actually book anything, but walk ins will be welcome, right?

Anyway, time for me to hit the road. I've got coffee, music, gas, and great weather. I cant find my sunglasses, but I guess that means I'll just have to buy some in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment