Monday, November 1, 2010

Minute by Minute

Happy November! I hope everyone had an excellent Halloween and that all the law students out there are ready to sacrifice all the hours of their day on the altar of productivity. I also hope everyone remembered to say 'rabbit, rabbit' first thing this morning for good luck. (Don't give me that look, its a real thing.)

Today's run was 5 minutes running, 2.5 minutes walking. It was harddd. Mostly because it was tacking on 2 minutes and decreasing my rest time. Obvi. Anyway, the first two segments were ok, I got through them feeling pretty good. The third segment was the tough one - my shins started hurting a LOT and I had to pause to rest and stretch them out. Then the motivation was sapped and I was feeling all "can I even do this?" and I even considered just stopping.

BUT.

I stuck it out for another minute, rested again, and then convinced myself that even if I had to take a break every single minute, not finishing was not an option. So I finished the third segment. Then I took my 2.5 minute walk, and was feeling much better by the time the last 5 minutes rolled around. I completed that all in one go - I coxed myself through the last minute by counting out an imaginary power 20 in my head.

And now I feel good! I'm at home, icing my shins with a bag of frozen peas. It's not even 6pm so I've got plenty of time to have dinner and then head back to put some hours in at the library. Eggggsellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment