Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shavasana

I recently took up yoga. And by recently, I mean Tuesday. I had my second class this morning, and I'm still feeling the peace. I am hooked. This class is excellent for a few reasons.

First, I am the only one in the class. So I pretty much get a one-on-one yoga class twice a week. Pretty sweet deal.

Second, the studio is right around the corner from my apartment. I can literally see the building from my window. That is super convenient. It's also inside a gym (which I joined, obviously) so I have access to cardio, weights, and a whole range of kickboxing and other classes. Which I will take advantage of...eventually.

Third, the class is at the perfect time. Its 7:30-8:30am and my first class is at 9. So I can just pick up from class and drive straight to class. And since its a pretty gentle class I'm not disgusting and sweaty.

Fourth, the instructor is excellent. She is attentive, kind, and a genuinely nice person. And she drops nice tidbits of yoga information along with the practice.

All in all, I'm loving it. I've already started dreaming of the day I teach my own yoga class. But I'll keep it slow for now. And as Ashley, my instructor says: "Each breath is a new opportunity to become present." Music to my ears. Om.

No comments:

Post a Comment